a new home

saturday I decided to something that i've been wanting to do for a long time:
explore this new city that i now live in
and bring my camera along for the ride



  
i can't remember the last time i went out to shoot
i'm pretty sure it was this trip
which was in november, and way way too long ago




 it felt so good to get out again, just me and my camera
no agenda. no destination. no idea where i was
photography is so relaxing and peaceful for me but i tend to quickly forget that.
 moving to durham was never supposed to be (in my mind) a permanent thing
i viewed it as my transition spot till i got a job somewhere else.
atlanta, nashville, chicago. 
one of those somewhere elses
 
but, once again, God decided to switch things up on me (teaching me yet again that i am actually not in control) and i am starting to fall in love with this little town. 
at first it was mostly the people, the church, the community. 
but now... the town! it's gorgeous. unique. character-filled. surprisingly quaint.


 i'm so grateful that the Lord brought me here and i can't wait to see what lies in store for me in the 
months, maybe even years, ahead of me!

i've heard so many good things about this place! can't wait to try it out soon!
 i also am anticipating the day this little gem opens up
this bakery serves their coffee in a bowl. seriously. 
my heart has never been won over so quickly.
 

---------------

dear durham, 
i think i'm gonna like living within your walls. thanks for taking me by surprise and showing me just how adorable you actually are.

sincerely,
a converted floridian... almost

elise leighann  – (March 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM)  

love this post. :) i remember that feeling too of "graduate school and then i'm moving elsewhere." but durham does something to you...

so grateful you live here!

Unknown  – (March 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM)  

1. these pictures are beautiful.
2. how far are you from wake forest? not the college but the town.
i'll be up there for a wedding and to visit the in-laws in april and i would LOVE to see you!

Faith  – (March 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM)  

Great shots! Some of those buildings have oh-so-much character.

Post a Comment

i adore your encouragement, opinions and insight! share your thoughts below!