Hello, Colorado

Well, I've been in Colorado for about 2 weeks and am absolutely in love!


I've started work, adjusted to the altitude and time change and have already found two, yes, two churches I love. I've also met a couple friends already. I don't know why it continues to surprise me but God is so incredibly faithful and has answered so many long awaited prayers. I'm so excited to discover all that God has planned for me during this time here and how much more He will teach me about Him and myself. It's been a crazy ride these past four months but has been such as season of growth. I can only imagine just how much more God will continue to reveal to me.

----------------

Work is going well. I'm excited for the opportunity to learn more, become exposed to different types of patients. All my coworkers are fun and encouraging and so incredibly helpful. Once again, I am so grateful for all that God has planned for me here and can't wait to see just what he will reveal to me during my time here.

---------------

Things are still hard emotionally but, God's faithfulness and promises are continuing to be my daily salvation. It is a daily and momentary struggle to live this life. Through it all, though, I am so grateful for the struggle. It's through struggles and pain that true change happens. It's through experiences that we fully grow in our love for God as He reveals His love to us.


One book that I'm currently reading and highly recommend is Gospel by JD Greerar. JD is the pastor at my moms church in Durham and this book is so incredibly filled with truth and wisdom and digs deep into the gospel and how to grow deeper in our relationship with God through the gospel. As an added bonus, he's hilarious.


This prayer, the gospel prayer, has offered such encouragement to me and I thought I'd share!

In Christ, there is nothing I can do to make you love me more and nothing that I have done that makes you love me less.
Your presence and approval are all I need for everlasting love.
As you have been to me, so I will be to others.
As I pray, I'll measure your compassion by the cross and your power by the resurrection.

Gennean  – (August 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM)  

What beautiful pictures! Love what you said here: "It's through struggles and pain that true change happens. It's through experiences that we fully grow in our love for God as He reveals His love to us." It's SO true!

Unknown  – (August 22, 2012 at 11:07 PM)  

I am so encouraged by you! I'm so glad you seem to be doing well! I know God is doing a big work in your love! Love you girl!

Ameera (أميرة)  – (August 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM)  

Looks like a beautiful place! I'll be praying for you as you continue this journey :)

Annie  – (August 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM)  

I am super behind on blogging (and feel like you and I have been out of touch for longer than that, and for that I apologize!), so I'm just now reading this. I had no idea you were heading to Colorado! It sounds like the transition is going well. I'm praying for you! Are there any specific requests you would like me to pray over?

Post a Comment

i adore your encouragement, opinions and insight! share your thoughts below!