Crafting Wonderland

Our apartment has been a mad house lately. Pretty much everywhere you look there is some soft of craft in the process. I imagine it's how the North Pole looks right about now...
Wait, what? That doesn't exist?

In the midst of the DIY chaos and Christmas countdown, I've managed to snag some time to make some little goodies for myself. It's been such a blessing to be able to spend a whole day with my sewing machine and having nothing else on the agenda. I seriously can't believe I went 21 years without knowing how much I could love something! I want to start crocheting next so if anyone has any good tutorials for a scarf or beanie or the like, please let me know!

Here's a couple of my newest creations... (please excuse the lack of modeling. my roomie was asleep when I took these)

tutorial


tutorial

tutorial

tutorial

The skirts were the first peice of clothing that I have made and I was pretty impressed with myself. A special thanks to Caroline for posting such an easy project for beginning the dive into the clothes- making world! I've already gotten several compliments on the blue one. I highly suggest you try it :)


Happy Thursday, Friends! Do something today that makes you happy!


Unknown  – (December 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM)  

i think sewing might be my next adventure...MAYBE. no promises. but that blue skirt is the cutest.

Anonymous –   – (December 12, 2011 at 12:35 PM)  

You go girl! These are all lovely! :) I totally want to learn to sew and knit!

xoxo,
Noelani

kate @ be merry, kate  – (December 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM)  

Oh I told myself I shouldn't make (ahem, attempt to make) any more skirts but I just LOVE that Christmas skirt you made!

{popping over from Caroline's blog}

*kate

Unknown  – (December 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM)  

Girl, you are so crafty! I LOVE the skirt!

Annie  – (December 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM)  

can i pay you to start making some of my clothes? you did so well and they are all so cute!

Anonymous –   – (December 13, 2011 at 8:33 PM)  

Those skirts are adorable! And I love the apron, too. You are so dang talented! There's not much you can't do, is there?

Unknown  – (December 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM)  

thats super impressive you made that!
i just found your blog and i'm your newest follower.
I'd love for you to come visit me over at
http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/
love,
elisabeth

Post a Comment

i adore your encouragement, opinions and insight! share your thoughts below!